Thursday 24 November 2011

HOW DO I GET MY NICKNAME "CHINO"

SOPHOMORE YEAR


Well, lets continue my story when I entered my 10th grade (Sophomore year) on September 2007. When I entered, I managed to meet my old friends and my old teachers. Everyone changed especially their hair lol. Some of them, their hair were colored and some of them used to have long hair and later when I saw them, they had short hair lol. In addition, the way they wore were different. Which means their fashion. Their style. 


NEW CLASS SCHEDULE


I received my schedule and just like usual, my classes ended at 3:36pm. On the other hand, I only had a few classes with my sister. I think like 3 classes we had the same. The rest of the classes, we had different teachers. The best thing about that year was I get to choose any foreign language I desired. I could choose Latin, Spanish, Hebrew, French or Arabic. Wa lao, I thought Japanese was available and I went to the AP Principal to meet one of my closest teacher, Mr. Follyga. He works as a Foreign Teacher lol. He can speak 8 foreign  languages fluently! Well, I asked him and he said that majority of students don’t have any interest in Japanese and beside, there aren’t any teachers who learned or speak Japanese in this area. Wa lao, I felt shocked and took Spanish instead. 


SPANISH CLASS. EASY THAN I THOUGHT~


That spanish class was okay. Luckily I have a few of my friends who were in the same class as me, Bushraa, Prabhdeep, Amara, Irfan, Alan and Mamadou’. Well, since I knew Prabhdeep like last year (that time), I sat next to him and we were partners till the end of that school year. 


THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN USA. MUST KNOW!!!!


Owh yeah, to know about the education, every year at the end, there will be an exam week which is called “Regents Week”. Regents refer to Exam Papers. High School Standards. In order to graduate High School, I needed to pass 5 main exam papers with a score more than 65. If i got below 65, that will be a failure! Wa lao, in Malaysia, if i get below 40, than I fail but in NY, below 65, I will fail like that! Wow. Anyway, my teacher said it is better to get more than 70. Between 65 and 69 is kinda like so so. So yeah, the 5 main subjects were English, Biology, Earth Science/Chemistry, World History, American History and Math A (kinda like additional Math). 


RESULTS OF MY EXAMINATION PAPERS IN EXCHANGE OF REWARDS^_^


Well, in my grade 9 year, I only took Biology and Math A. I passed both of them lol with a score of 82 in Biology and 83 in Math A. Well, since I passed the test with a good score, before I took the exam, I negotiated with my dad lol. If i get more than 80, I want a PSP. Since I passed both subjects more than 80, he gave me the money to buy the PSP version 1000. Wa lao, after a few months, the new PSP version 2000 came out. Owh man, much better if i buy that new version instead of the new one. Furthermore, my older brother bought PS2 (That time PS3 wasn’t in the market yet lol), my lil bro-Izzuddin, he got good grades so my dad bought him Nintendo DS. For my youngest bro, he got a Gundam Toy lol. Model Gundam Providence from the anime series “Gundam Seed Destiny”. owh, my sister got an Ipod Nano for her great score and her achievement in the school. 




SOPHOMORE YEAR, FILLED WITH JOY AND EXCITEMENT


Ok, lets move on. In my grade 10 year, I passed World History and English with a score of 89. Same score lol. Hahaha=D Well, that year, the most closest friends were Prabhdeep and Nithin. The rest of my friends weren’t close yet because most of them had different classes than I had. Well, thats them alright. Well, months passed by and I entered my 11 grade (Junior year). This time, I only have a few classes with my friends. The only person I get a few classes with my friend was only Nithin Varghese. Damn, this guy is funny and friendly. Well, he’s okay and the way we chilled and talked were like UNPREDICTABLE. 
We just talk crappy stuff and funny jokes lol. 




THE NICKNAME "CHINO" REVEALED. 


In addition, there was this new guy I met in my Basketball class. His name was Reynand Cano. Damn, this guy was awesome and unbelievable funny. He’s from Philippine and we spent a lot during our breaks, chilling, playing basketball, hanging out after school and on the breaks. It was awesome and he was like my asian brother to me. For your information, that is how I get the word “CHINO”. He called me that because I looked like Japanese/Chinese lol but actually I’m Malay and I have a lil bit of Japanese blood in me (My dad’s side lol). So yeah, in addition, a few people when I played basketball with them, they also started to call me by that name, CHINO because they thought I was a cool asian kid. Wa lao, cool eh? 




MY FRIENDSHIP WITH REYNAND BECAME INTIMATE AND MET HIS OTHER FRIENDS~


Well, my bond with him as friends were so intimate until we chilled with our other sisters such as Thania Carpio, Sophia Chen and Nabila Islam. I met these girls from my chemistry class. (MY LOVE LIFE WILL BE IN A DIFFERENT PARAGRAPH…WILL BE MENTION SOON..PLS KEEP READING IT IF IT IS ENJOYABLE=D). 




BEST AND COOLEST CHEMISTRY TEACHER EVER, MR. JOSEPH!!!^_^


For me, my chemistry class was the best. I had the best chemistry teacher and his named was Mr. Joseph but we call him Mr. Joe in short term. He was mad funny and made us laugh. In addition, he even curses lol. For example “All you MOTHERFUCKERS, give me your FUCKING homework. If you guys didnt do it, you guys are FUCKED UP!”. Hahaha=D. The best teacher I ever had. He even gave us examples so that we could understand chemistry easily. He was an awesome teacher and the best teacher I ever had in my ENTIRE LIFE! In that class, there were other friends I used to chill such as Devika, Taranvir, Marven, Umer, Rajbir, Tauhid, Paul, Gurwinder, and other cool people. That class was great. 




GURWINDER SINGH, A WEIRD BUT FRIENDLY AND COOL FRIEND FROM INDIA~


Owh yeah, this guy named Gurwinder, he’s kinda weird lol. People called him stupid and crazy but I called him a weirdo. I remembered the first time I met him and the first time I saw him on the first day of school. He brought a lot of food from DUNKIN DONUTS lol. He ate like damn, like a monster. Like a person who didn’t eat for a week lol. Hahaha.=D and also with his ice-blended drink, wa lao, damn, he ate a lot. Owh well, people called him stupid but he’s smart actually, its just that the way he acted was immature and childish, thats all. He has a soft and kind heart, from my point of view. He treated me as a friend and kinda dislike when he bothered me. Kinda GAYISH lol. Hahaa=D. Anyway, he was a great guy. 




MANY FRIENDS WHO SUPPORTED ME ALL THE WAY TILL THE END~


Well, not only him, there were other people I trusted and cared. All of them were my best friends. Friends I will never forget. They helped me out when I need help, they improved they way I am, they changed my inner self to a new complete chino and now I’m here, acting the same way as I did when I was in NY. All of my attitudes, the way I talk and the way I act were because of them. I wouldn’t be prefect without them. Thanx guys. I really appreciate it. 




SHOCKING NEWS!! - HEADING BACK TO MALAYSIA=(


On November 2008, my parents called me, my older bro and my sis to come to their room. My dad told me that the Tourism of Malaysia was having a problem that they couldn’t fix. They needed my dad’s help because he was one of the elite and one of the trustworthy director in that company. My dad told us that we have to leave on December 27th 2008. I told my dad “How about the 4 years contract?. It can’t slip away easily and beside, I’m Junior and I have a year and a half to graduate High School”. My dad understands my situation and also the rest. My older brother was in LaGuardia Community College, my sis and I were in High School, my lil bro-Izzuddin was in Middle School and my youngest brother-Nazreen was in Primary School. My dad told us that he had sent an appeal letter but still, the Malaysian Government didn’t approve that letter. They wanted my dad so badly. That appeal letter was a letter my dad wrote about the situation we had. Our educational life and also he mentioned to the Malaysian Government that he wanted to complete the 4 years contract, unfortunately the Malaysian Government didn’t approve his letter. In exchange, my dad told us that the Malaysian Government gave me and my sis to finish up my grade 11 year with an additional 6 months. Which means that from January till the end of June. That was the limit. So, after my dad, my two younger brothers and my older bro left, my mom, my sis and I stayed till June. We rent a small house in Grand Avenue lol. Kinda small but only for a short time to stay. Just 6 months=D.






My family before they leave NY and head towards Malaysia. Only me, my sis and my mom stayed behind to finish up my high school era

No comments:

Post a Comment