Wednesday 23 November 2011

ALL ABOUT TENNIS!!!

TENNIS TEAM REUNITED. 
As months passed by, our tennis team reunited again in my grade 10 year. All of us improved our skills and we were trained hardly. We practiced by ourselves, bought new accessories and new tennis rackets. The new team was developed and like usual, we made a match. A match against our tennis players. This time, the team consisted of MD, Jaber, Antu, Juber, Bivob, Prabhdeep and me. 
PLAYED EACH OTHER TO DETERMINE WHO'S THE STRONGEST~
We played each other and well, wa lao, our tennis skills improved dramatically. I beat all of them except this strong guy named MD. His tennis skills were basically based on strength and offensive. Like the way he played. He smashed all the time when I tried to put in my defense mode. I was an analyzer, skillful, great thinker and a defensive player. I wasn’t a strong guy like him but I hit the ball on his weak spots. His weak spots were easily read by me but his strong hits made me hard to hit it back, causing me to heat drop balls and high balls. With his strong leg, he managed to jump and smashed the ball like a maniac! I lost to him. 10-6. He was declared as the Captain of the tennis team. 
PISSED OFF FOR NOT PLAYING SINGLES IN TENNIS~
That time, there weren’t any deputy captain yet in that year. As far as I know, they put me in 2nd Doubles like usual. What the Fuck was that? Why they put me in that position? They thought I was a soft guy who hit all the balls mad slowly and they thought that I would lose to my enemy due to my low strength skill? WTF was that? Yo, I thought and analyzed the enemy’s movement. That was why I defeated all you guys! How? I analyzed every movement you guys did! For god sake, I kept this secret within me and by the time you guys read this blog, you will know how I felt by that time. You guys just hit the ball mad hard but never went in! I played safe and all my balls went in. 
RECEIVED COMPLIMENTS FROM MY TEACHERS~
Many teachers who played with me like Mr. Rios, a former tennis player and Mr. Manie, a good tennis player, they thought about my skill and they acknowledged what I have in me. They said to me “Safwan, I like your defense. Wherever I hit the ball, you always return. You are like a solid wall. And the way you hit the ball, your ball weren’t fast enough but you hit the ball where the enemy can’t hit it. Very good of you”. See, I got this compliment from them but still, these players didn’t acknowledge what I have in me. 
WINNING IS NOT EVERYTHING. TRUST IN YOUR ABILITIES IS THE MOST!!!
They just think that the strongest must put in singles and must play against player who are in the same level. In addition, they always think that victory is the main key. Winning is quite important but as a tennis player, we should believe in our player’s skills but they didn’t! Not at all. Winning and winning! Thats their goal. If I was the Captain, I wouldn’t believe like that way. I believed in my teammates that they will win for sure with the skills they have. In addition, if a player with low skill skill managed to win against a skillful player, I will put that low skill player in a good position! Why? Strength doesn’t matter! The only thing that matter is the skill, the talent and the smartness within a player soul. Not just strength. Indeed strength is important but whats the point if putting a player who hits mad hard but his dumb and didn’t know the enemy’s weakness? 
ENTERED THE TENNIS TOURNAMENT
Well, we played all the matches against a few school and like usual, all my matches in 2nd doubles, we won.  In the Semi-final, we won in the doubles but we lost in the singles. That team, MD played 1st singles, Jaber played 2nd singles, Antu played 3rd singles, Juber and Bivob played 1st Doubles and Prabhdeep and I played 2nd doubles. That year was fun and a lil confused and a lil anger were filling up in my life because I disliked my position as a Double player. I prefer playing singles. Anyway, months passed by and I practiced more and more! Well, I tried to practice but many situations blocked my way. VACATION!
VACATION. TRAVEL A LOT OF PLACES AND MEET NEW MALAYSIAN FRIENDS~
My parents said that since we didn’t go to a few places and states, we should spend our breaks. In addition, my mom’s friends lived other states. Sometimes when they made an open house, we received an invitation to go there. Well, we went a few states such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, Philadelphia, Rhode Island and a few north states.
LESS PRACTICE ON TENNIS DUE TO ASSIGNMENTS, QUIZZES AND TEST~
 Anyway, my tennis practiced didn’t go quite well. School, exams, tests, quizzes and assignments were in my 3rd year life. Well, I didn’t play tennis for 4 months lol. From November till March. The first week of April, which was the month of Spring, I started to practice and regain my skills. Sadly when the time I played the matches against my teammates, all of them were awesome and very very good. I asked them how they get better. They bought new expensive rackets and new strings. With those stuff, putting a lil energy would make all their hits moved faster. Wa lao, I felt shock! My racket was a crappy shit! Cost $60 lol. My friends bought their rackets more than $100! Anyway, they get better because they practiced during the summer and during the fall. No wonder they get better. Hahaa=D 
SAME DEFEAT WHEN PLAYING AGAINST THE CAPTAIN, MURSHED MD
Well, I played the matches and just like usual, I lost to MD lol. That time was kinda weird lol. My teammate named Jaber who played 2nd singles beat MD but when the time I played against Jaber, I beat him. Wa lao, what was my weakness? Is it strength? Is it skill? The answer was strength. My strength wasn’t good enough lol. The reason I won against Jaber was because I hit on his weak spots and the reason I lost to MD was because my strength wasn’t strong enough compare to his level. I entered the gym and strengthen my hands, my forearms, and my body. My body increased its muscular system and I was tough. Not too tough but a fit player=D My hits were getting faster and my defense increased dramatically as I practiced and trained more=D.

         THATS ME AFTER GOING TO THE GYM~

No comments:

Post a Comment